Monday, March 22, 2010

Pick Your Poison

A free Collins Watch subscription to the first reader who can find a quote from Sen. Collins complaining about the poisonous atmosphere created by President Bush in 2003 when he (in the parlance of our times) rammed through his tax cut package via reconciliation.

In case anyone has forgotten, the vote on that deficit-balloning measure was 50-50, with Vice President Dick Cheney breaking the tie so that the rich could get richer.

Needless to say, the junior senator voted in favor of the measure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I delighted (was actually disgusted) yesterday in telling a phone solicitor from PPH that I will not resubscribe due to the fawning of PPH and its publisher over Collins. I cancelled over an earlier, again blind eye, disregard of Collins' cupidity.
When I got my refund check I hoped that others were as well, and that maybe a publisher would notice an outflow of dollars over the PPH's bias.

Anonymous said...

Oops! Wrong word choice. Not cupidity, meant to pick a word to indicate Collins ability to appear to be one thing, actually be another. Any help?