Monday, June 11, 2007

Gonzales Watch

How about that.

The junior senator flips, not only voting for cloture on the failed Gonzales no-confidence resolution, but also saying:

I think his continued tenure does not benefit the department or our country.
I'm ready to call that progress.

On the other hand, I can't find evidence anywhere--including on Collins' website--that she went a step further and actually called for the Attorney General to resign.

It would be the logical step to take--why not call for the resignation of an official who you think is harming the country by remaining in office?

But the Collins camp is nothing if careful. And they've proven to be adept at teasing the rhetoric apart from the reality in a whole host of areas.

Which is to say that when it comes to whether Collins went the full distance, did the right thing and called for Gonzales' resignation, I'll believe it when I see it.

No comments: