Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Lashof: Science Not With Collins

On the heels of her vote in favor of the Murkowski resolution, Sen. Collins will be at the White House tomorrow to talk about climate change.

Last night, I followed up with National Resources Defense Council climate scientist Dan Lashof, who recently rebutted Collins' thin and narrow public argument for stripping the EPA of its authority to regulate greenhouse gases.

I asked him about his confidence in the science behind his conclusions. Here's some of what he said:

I am not aware of any scientific support for the claim that all emissions from biomass should be considered carbon neutral and thus exempt from any consideration for regulation by EPA.

In fact, since I posted my blog a new scientific study commissioned by the State of Massachusetts was published... [See here.]
Of course, Lashof forgets that Collins is a moderate bipartisan centrist. Which, I'm pretty sure, gives her license to make up her own science.

No comments: