Thursday, July 31, 2008

NRSC: Going For Broke

The National Republican Senatorial Committee and its chairman Sen. John Ensign (R-NV) are ready to give faith-based fundraising a try:

I will not allow our Republican candidates to be outspent by the DSCC this cycle. Therefore, it is my intention to give the NRSC's IE Unit the total budget to match the DSCC dollar for dollar in every state they run ads.

"While I am aware we do not currently have the funds to match the DSCC, I am giving our IE Unit this budget on faith--faith that my Republican colleagues will step up to the challenge and transfer the funds necessary to remain competitive with the Democrats. I have informed my colleagues that it is now up to them.
I know Republicans are down in the dumps this cycle. But does it make sense to sound this desperate?

In any case, no reason to feel sorry for Sen. Collins: You'll remember that the anti-union front groups have her back.

No comments: